Sunday, March 13, 2011

Dry Shampoo Comparison (Suave, Tresemme, John Frieda)

I'm just going to share with you my opinions are my experiences with these three dry shampoos!

I'll share with you the pros and cons (my personal opinion) of these dry shampoos!

Tresemme dry shampoo

Retails around $5

5.7 oz

This has become a pretty popular drugstore dry shampoo and I can see why.

This is the first dry shampoo I ever tried, so I have owned this one the longest.


PROS:



  • Good smelling, like all tresemme products


  • Feels refreshing and clean when sprayed in hair


  • Volumizes hair while extracting oils

CONS:




  • If you have dark hair (like me) you have to be careful about having a white cast in your hair

Suave dry shampoo

Retails around $3

5 oz

This product came out very recently and probably still hasn't hit the shelves of a few drugstores.


PROS:



  • The smell is very fruity, like mangoes!


  • I didn't have any trouble with white cast even though I have black hair

CONS:




  • The bottle is deceiving because it is larger than the tresemme bottle, but somehow holds less product


  • I only used this product TWICE before it ran out! I know it wasn't expensive, but come on!


  • This didn't feel like it was refreshing my hair like the other dry shampoos did


John Frieda Volume Refresher Dry Shampoo

Retails around $6 (Most come with a $1 off coupon attached to the bottle)

3.5 oz


This product is also new to the shelves and is marketing more as a Volume Refresher. Honestly, all it is is a dry shampoo with a fancier sounding name ; )


PROS:



  • Good smelling (like a professional styling product would smell like..that's all I could come up with! haha)


  • Feels very refreshing


  • Volumizes hair while extracting oils

CONS:




  • This can leave a white cast if you are not careful, especially with dark hair!


  • The product comes out very fast and more forceful than the other two..which isn't necessarily a bad thing, you just have to be careful


I love the Tresemme dry shampoo and the John Frieda dry shampoo about the same, but will probably just get another Tresemme dry shampoo the next time I need some just because of the price factor!


Have you tried any of these dry shampoos?


Any other dry shampoos I need to try?


1 comment:

  1. thanks for sharing :) I haven't tried out any dry shampoos yet, but Tresemme sounds good.

    ReplyDelete